All we need? — nail polish & masking tape aka washi tape.
* Nail polish remover pad (or nail polish remover + tissue paper/lint-free cotton pad e.g. Watson’s air-laid facial puff because you don’t want all the lint sticking to your nail ) & a pointed stick helps to clean out the edges.
This DIY is very easy. Anyone can handle it.
Let’s get started.
1. Apply base coat & let it dry.
2. Apply base colour & let it dry COMPLETELY. (I’m not doing this, i’ll just leave it clear.)
3. Masked the area (w/ masking tape aka washi tape) where you want to avoid the nail polish. Make sure it’s firmly pressed down against the nail at the edge.
* Make sure the coat you apply previously is COMPLETELY DRY before you put on the masking tape or else it gonna smudge/be ripped out.
4. Apply the first colour.
5. Before the nail polish dry, slowly remove the tape. Then, let it dry.
Watch step 3-5 video here:
6. Repeat step 3-5 with another colour or more until you got the looks you like.
7. Finally, apply the top coat. It smoothen out the layers & make the nail polish last longer.